Monday, December 27, 2010

and before we knew it, t'was the night before Christmas

I’ve been meaning to write of all of our happenings since we were married. Life has gotten the best of me and before I knew it, five months passed. It is now the day after Christmas. Patrick and I have been married for five and a half months, and have spent two major holidays together- Thanksgiving and Christmas. Life is busy, but life is good.

On Christmas Eve I decided I wanted to make sugar cookies. It was pouring rain, and we didn’t have any of the ingredients, but Patrick had purchased me a box of cookie cutters that I was dying to use. So while Patrick was cooking dinner, I went to the store and bought the things we would need.

Patrick helped me roll out the dough and was just as excited to use the cookie cutters as I was.



They came out perfect! Soft, and just golden brown along the edges.



When I went to the store, I decided to try and give Santa a healthier option, so I bought sugar-free frosting. This was, in the words of my students, “a sad choice.” The frosting was horrific. Some things just aren’t meant to be sugar-free.



Luckily I had some frosting in the pantry, so Patrick and I went a-decorating! Patrick was really proud of his gingerbread man, and he added some extra color the star and snowflake.




We set out a plate of cookies and a glass of milk in hopes that Santa would pay us a visit.



The next morning, we came out, and to our surprise, the milk glass was empty, and there were some big bites taken out of several cookies.Looks like Santa visited the Garza’s this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment