Friday, July 9, 2010

one week and one day

My days as a single woman are limited…8 days and counting. Patrick and I have been doing a lot to prepare for the big day and are in disbelief that in literally one week and one day, we will be sealed for time and all eternity. Cool stuff!

We are doing better at not stressing out as much. We have our little apartment where Patrick has been staying for the past few weeks, and are doing our best to make it look like a little home. We purchased couches, a dresser, desk, bookshelf, tv stand and a dining room set. IKEA furniture is awesome because it’s so inexpensive, but it’s sort of a drag to put together- especially when there are no directions in the box! My Patrick eventually figured out the tv stand while Kate and I tackled some of the other furniture. Patrick and I also spent the past few days applying coats of paint to our little kitchen set so that it better matches our color scheme. I can’t wait until I can finally move in and start our adventure together in our first
little home.









Today was really fun! We took a field trip to the County Clerk’s office, took an oath that we are not kin in any way, shape or form, forked out $71 and left with a marriage license! A really nice man outside took our picture. We were feeling kinda ghetto afterward (given the type of people that you might encounter in front of the court house) so we went to Denny’s after to celebrate. Cute.



Afterward, Patrick had to go to work and I went to pick up my wedding dress! It was so fun modeling it, looking at myself in the mirrors, twirling about and trying on veils. I can’t post any pictures of the dress yet because Patrick wants to be surprised. He is cute and traditional like that. I love him. :0)

Anyway, now I am home with Kate. She is attempting to make a beaded headband for me to wear for the wedding. I love her, too!

Woo hoo! I am getting married in one week and one day!

Oh, ps. technically we can elope to the temple any time we want. We won’t do it, but still…we could if we really wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment